Sunday 18 March 2018

Vintage birthday tag

Good evening bloggers

I hope the snow isn't too bad where you are, we've had a bit here and it's just started to snow again. 

I went to Wales yesterday to go and see my darling nan who's 103 and not very well and also my sweet aunty who's also not good either.   Not a very good day, got home and felt so mentally drained that I did nothing but sleep.  I've been very tense and nothing was helping so decided to craft for few hours and I'm pleased to say the tension has been relieved.  Crafting is a great distraction! 


I made a vintage birthday tag using a page from Hunkydorys little dresses book.  I fussy cut her out and decoupaged her.  


Made tag using a white card blank, used first edition 12x12 texture papers to cover the tag.  Then used gorgeous polkadoodles paper pad to mat her onto and used one of their dies too.  Before matting her onto card I stamped around the card using tattered lace flowers stamps and Hunkydorys corner stamps and distressed with burlap. 


I cut a strip of paper and distressed it and used this textured fabric with glitter for her to sit on and curved it to give it dimension.


I distressed all papers and flowers using distressed burlap ink


The sentiment is from stuff my mom gave me which I die cut using spellbinders labels plus die and distressed and matted it onto more polkadoodles paper. 

Dies I used are: 
Spellbinders rose creation dies
Poppy crafts flowers die
Tattered lace flourishes die for the flowers 
Polkadoodles die
Butterflies are tattered lace

The pearl gems, doileys and ribbon are from my stash. 


I hope you like this one.  It helped relax me so I'm ok with that lol. 

Have a lovely evening and thanks do much for popping over

Lots of love 
Sharon 
Xxxxx

Challenges:

Crafty calendars  : Add a tag or make one

Crafty friends challenge  - For a special lady

Papercraft Linky party  - Anything goes

613 avenue  - Anything goes

Brown sugar challenge - Spring or Easter

Crafty catz - Anything goes

Jos scrap shack - Anything goes

Morgan's art World  - Anything goes

Lil patch of crafty friends- Anything goes

A bit more time to craft  - Anything goes

Aud sentiments - Bingo plus sentiment : patterned paper, 3d item and ribbon

Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge - Easter inspired 


16 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely vintage style card, Sharon, super design.

Hope your nan and aunty feel better soon.xx

Patricia said...

Sharon, firstly I think you need a few of these (((((hugs)))))
I hope you gran and aunty feel better soon as well as you of course.
I love your card, everything is just beautiful.
Have a good day
Patricia xx

Wendy L said...

Looks fab Sharon,
Crafting is great for taking your mind of things, helped me alot in the past. xxx

Sue said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog post Sharon I'm sorry to hear about your Gran she must have seen so many changes in her lifetime. Your card is gorgeous and I'm so glad you have entered it on my challenge blog at Crafty Calendar huggles Sue xxx

Furrbster said...

This is so gorgeous!! So sorry to hear about the illness in your family - hopefully they both feel better soon!

Thanks for BINGOing along with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

NickScrapShack said...

Love the vintage feel you created with this card. It looks fabulous!
Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck!
Don´t forget our GDT call!
Nick

Virginia L. said...

Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Easter Inspired” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for playing laong with us at CRAFTY CATZ, dont forget we have a guest designer spot going for next month x carol

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely vintage flair! TFS it with BSChallenge~

Ellibelle said...

This is really pretty, loving all the details and the image looks amazing!
Thanks so much for sharing this week at my papercrafters' linky party!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for entering your lovely card into our 'Special Lady challenge' at Crafty Friends.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Christine said...

Lovely layering. Looks like you must have had a great time creating this tag!
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card love the fabulous design and the lovely detail and texture.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs Julie xxx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh this project is just gorgeous. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Arlene said...

How lovely, so old fashioned and feminine. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

cass said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us this month for our "Spring/Easter" Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge.